Private Swimming Pools
Building Permit Application
- All fees are payable at the time of lodging the application.
General note: Two (2) complete sets of plans, details and specifications must be submitted with your application.
All plans and details must be legible, drawn to scale and include a title block containing lot address, page numbers, a project title and date.
Site Plan (minimum scale 1:200)
- Clearly indicate all property boundaries, boundary dimensions and existing buildings.
- Clearly indicate the distance from the existing buildings and property boundaries to the proposed pool or spa.
- Position of Effluent Disposal system (unsewered areas only) storm-water drains or easements.
- Locations and heights of stabilized embarkments e.g. retaining wall(s).
- North Point.
The following details of existing development on adjoining land:
- The ground levels of the adjoining land in proximity to the proposed pool.
- Location of neighboring buildings (distances from boundary).
Safety Barrier Details
- Position of isolation safety barrier fence, gate location and direction of swing.
- Drawings and specifications of materials to be used. Where glass is proposed, manufacturer's details to comply with Australian Standard AS1288.
4. Structural Engineering Details for Concrete and Brick Pools
- Structural detail drawings signed by practicing engineer for structural adequacy. Or Structural Adequacy Certificate for as-built pool signed by practicing engineer.
- A soil classification may be required or requested by the Building Health Officer to confirm foundations and drainage requirement.
- Concrete/Brickwork specifications.
- Footing dimensions.
- Reinforcement size and location.
- Wall thickness.
- Water Proofing details.
5. Swimming Pool Blankets
- An outdoor private swimming pool or spa associated with a Class 1 building must be installed with a Blanket approved by the Smart Approved Watermark Scheme.