Waste Collection & Disposal
The Shark Bay Waste Disposal Facility is a landfill site located on the Denham
Hamelin Road approximately 2km from the Denham Townsite.
Opening times are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm + 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00am - 11:00am (Additional $10.50 fee applies on this day)
Refuse Tip Fees - Fees and Charges
Collection Days are Tuesdays and Fridays.
Please observe these requirements to assist with your waste collection
- Bins must be placed on verge prior to 6.00am on your collection day
- Leave a half metre gap between bins or obstacles
- Do not place rubbish beside or on top of the bin,
- Do not overload the bin (maximum 70kg)
- No paint, chemicals, liquids, car batteries or motor oil
- Remove the bin from the verge as soon as possible after collection
- The bins are for domestic waste only
- Do not put bricks, heavy timber or steel in the bin –
- these materials can damage the collection equipment and your bins.
The Council performs roadside pick-up once a year before cyclone season (usually in November).
Residents will be notified in advance of the date.