Unlawful Building Work

1. Forms

2. Fees Payable

  • All fees are payable at the time of lodging the application

3. Plans

Two (2) complete set of plans, details and specifications must be submitted with your application.
All plans and details must be legible, drawn to scale and include a title block containing lot address, page numbers, a project title and date.

  • A certificate of building compliance (CBS), issued by a third party building surveyor;
  • Where the local government or the building surveyor deems it necessary a structural engineer needs to inspect the existing structure and submit a report.
  • Copies of all plans and specifications denoted on the CBC.
  • A copy of technical certificates, (i.e. energy effiency certificate, etc).
  • Evidence of any prescribed authorities' approval.
  • Septic system approval where applicable.
  • Evidence of any prescribed notifications given.
  • Appropriate consent forms or court orders where work encroaches onto or adversely affects other land.

General Notes: Where insuffcient details are provided, more details may be requested by the Building Surveyor in order to assess the structure for compliance with the provisions of the National Construction Code.