Home Occupations

A home business is a small scale occupation or business operating at home by a resident of the property.

Council approval may be required for a wide range of home based businesses.

Information on home business, home occupation and home office can be found in the Shire's Town Planning Scheme which is available here.

Prior to commencement of any home business, please contact the Shire's Consultant Planning Officer, Liz Bushby, at Town Planning Innovations by email liz@tpiplanning.com.au or call 0488 910 869 (Tuesday-Friday) to obtain information about permits and approvals.